- Last Result: 2-0 vs Korpatsch
- Form: W L W L W
At the first appearance in Lugano after last year’s tournament declared forfeit before the start of the tournament due to an injury, Bacsinszky made a close match against number 131, Tamara Korpatsch, losing only 2 games and finishing the match in 67 minutes , without having to save at least one break ball.
It was Switzerland’s first victory on the main picture of a WTA tournament since January, when it reached quarter-finals in Sydney and played tour 3 in Melbourne.
Former World number 9, Timea tries to return to this season in the women’s tennis elite after being injured in the last year by several injuries that have dropped her high in the rankings.
- Last result: 2-1 vs Alexandrova
- Form: W L W L L
Veteran of Russia has access to the second round after a dramatic match against compatriot Alexandrov. Svetlana wasted 4 match balls in the decisive tie-break, and was then only 2 points away. But Kuznetsova’s experience with the 8-6 tie-break.
The match from the previous tour was the first in September for Russians because of a knee injury.
It is the 5th direct meeting between the two, and the Russian is imposed every time.
Tennis Prediction of the Day Bacsinszky vs Svetlana Kuznetsova
- It is the 112th WTA.
- He is the double semi-finalist at Roland Garros in 2015 and 2017.
- He has 8 wins and 6 defeats this year.
- 6 of the last 7 games played needed decisive set.
- One set won against Russians in the previous 4 meetings.
- It is in the 109th position.
- He received a wild card to participate in the main board.
- He is champion at Roland Garros in 2009 and at the US Open in 2004.
- He is second to Lugano last year, losing in the first round.
- He occupied the second position of WTA in 2007. He was also No. 3 at double in 2004.
Prediction Today: Victory Bacsinszky