Betting tips Daniil Medvedev vs Grigor Dimitrov. The first semifinal on the men’s table at the US Open will be an arson between two players who have so far made a fantastic tournament and the Russian Daniil Medvedev and Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov. The first match of the day in the men’s tournament at the US Open is expected to be a spectacular one between the Russian Daniil Medvedev and the Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov, reborn in this tournament after a very weak season so far.
1. The latest information before playing Daniil Medvedev vs Grigor Dimitrov.
The 23-year-old Russian is currently at the 5 ATP position, being one of the most fit players.
Medvedev is the most in form player on the hard side with no less than 11 consecutive victories, managing to defeat Djokovic in the semifinal in Cincinnati, and in the final to prevail against Goffin.
Daniil is a player who relies extremely on service, being his main weapon, supplemented by strong hits, aggressiveness of the game, excellent movement in the field and a lot of determination.
To reach the semi-finals, Daniil went through Gunneswaran in 3 sets, then only to win in 4 sets in front of Dellien, Lopez, Koepfer and Wawrinka, the Russian game rising from match to match.
At 28 years old, the Bulgarian is in free fall at the moment being at the 78th ATP position, but on Monday he will climb vertically in the standings.
Dimitrov seems to have recovered from the quality tennis he has shown so far at the US Open.
His game is very much based on service, but also on hits, being aggressive, but at the same time knowing how to build his points well and moving excellent.
Grigor is the kind of player who steps in front and tries whenever he has the opportunity to take the initiative.
In order to qualify in the semi-finals he defeated Seppi in 4 sets, he took advantage of Coric’s abandonment, then he defeated Majchrzak and De Minaur in 3 sets, to produce surprise and defeat him in 5 sets. Roger Federer.
2. Daniil Medvedev vs Grigor Dimitrov direct meetings.
The two have met so far twice, and the score is 1-1.
In 2017 Medvedev won in 3 sets on hard, and hard won Dimitrov in 2 sets.
- The Russian player crosses the best period of his career, currently occupying the 8th place in the ATP standings, at only 23 years old.
- This summer he was the most in-form player in the circuit, playing the final in both Washington and Montreal, while in Cincinnati he managed to win the trophy, going to the final by David Goffin.
- He continued his excellent form in the tournament at the US Open, despite declaring that he has many physical problems, he managed to beat Stan Wawrinka, Dominik Koepfer or Feliciano Lopez, most of the matches being decided in 4 sets.
- The Bulgarian player crosses a bad period of his career, currently occupying the 78th place in the ATP standings, thus descending after a long period of the top 50 ATP.
- It is the worst ranked semi-finalist in the history of the Grand Slam tournament, surprising everyone with the peace in this edition.
- The best match in this tournament was in the quarterfinals against Roger Federer, who managed to win in 5 sets, but the Bulgarian did well and against the young Alex De Minaur, whom he defeated in minimum sets .
Directe 3. Direct meetings
- The two players have met so far twice, both games being in 2017, and the score is equal, 1-1.
3.What is the shape of the players in the last 5 matches?
- Daniil Medvedev
- Last result: 3-1 vs Stan Wawrinka (US Open – hard)
- Shape: W W W W W
Winner of the Masters 1000 tournament played in Cincinnati, where he prevailed in the final, 7-6 and 6-4 against the Belgian David Goffin, Russian Daniil Medvedev, 5th in the ATP standings, is present for the third consecutive year on the main table of at the US Open, the last Grand Slam tournament of the year.In the opening round of the tournament, Medvedev passed in at least sets of Indian Prajnesh Gunneswaran, 88th place ATP. Then came the victories against the Bolivian Hugo Dellien, the Spanish Feliciano Lopez and the German Dominik Koepfer, 118th place ATP, each time with the same score, 3-1 in the sets. In the quarter-finals of the competition, the Russian also defeated him in 4 sets, scoring 7-6, 6-3, 3-6 and 6-1 on the world number 24, the Swiss Stan Wawrinka.
- Grigor Dimitrov
- Last result: 3-2 vs Roger Federer (US Open – hard)
- Shape: W W W W W
On the other side, Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov, 28, ranked 78 in the ATP hierarchy, is present for the ninth time in his career on the main board of the US Open, Grand Slam, with total prizes worth over $ 28 million. A year ago, he was eliminated from the first round of the tournament after the defeat against Stan Wawrinka Swiss, score 3-6, 2-6 and 5-7.Dimitrov manages an impressive route in the current edition of the US Open, surpassing until the stage of tennis semifinals like Andreas Seppi from Italy, score 6-1, 6-7, 6-4, 6-3, Croatian Borna Coric, 12th place ATP, benefiting from its abandonment, caused by pain in the lumbar area, or the Polish Kamil Majchrzak, 94th ATP. Then followed the success of Alex De Minaur in the company of Australia, in minimum sets, and in the quarterfinals, the one against the world number three, the Swiss Roger Federer, at the end of a dramatic match, in 5 sets, score 3-6, 6- 4, 3-6, 6-4 and 6-2 decisively. It was also the first victory achieved by the Bulgarian tennis player in front of Federer during the 8 direct meetings.
4.News, analysis, statistics and progress about the 2 players.
- It is for the first time that Medvedev surpasses the third round of the American Grand Slam.
- The success against Wawrinka marked the eleventh consecutive victory of the Russian.
- He has won 5 ATP trophies throughout his career.
- He lost only 7 of the 35 matches played outdoors on this kind of surface.
- US Open is the fourth consecutive tournament, played on the hard surface, where the presence in the semifinals phase is checked.
- Dimitrov passed, for the first time during his participation in the US Open, the sixteenth stage of the final.
- He has played only 34 matches, on all surfaces, since the beginning of this year, winning 19 of them.
- It is for the first time after more than a year when Bulgarian tennis player reaches the semi-finals of an ATP tournament.
- It has 8 ATP trophies, 6 of them won on the hard surface.
- Between November 2017 and January 2018 he ranked third in the ATP rankings.
Tennis Prediction of the Day Daniil Medvedev vs Grigor Dimitrov
It will be a quality semi-final, extremely contested, balanced that will put two players in the form in front of this tournament.
Medvedev is going through an exceptional period with 11 consecutive victories, and his morale is at the highest level and the game also in spite of the sets lost in the previous rounds.
The Russian will rely heavily on his main weapon, supplemented by aggressive play and nasty blows.
On the other side of the line will be Dimitrov, a sensational player, who seems to regain his appetite for play, being very aggressive and serving very well, managing to produce a big surprise when he eliminated Federer.
I expect at least 4 sets, because both are very good players, fighters and will give everything to reach the final, Medvedev losing the set to mediocre players.
Prediction Today: Daniil Medvedev
The balance is obvious here and I really do not think we will see a match made with minimal sets. I expect a high number of games and recommend for a large share even decisive set.We face in front of two players in maximum form, close in value and that matters. Even if Russian is a favorite, Dimitrov’s experience is very important, so he will keep close.The last four matches played by Medvedev had at least four sets. Usually he also gives us sets with extensions. And Bulgarian has quite frequent tie-break sets. We face two good players at work, extremely fast at the bottom of the field, so the difference will be difficult.
Bet Tips: Over 36.5 games