Mihaela Buzarnescu managed a sensation comeback in the first round of Lusanne after clearing the first set, winning 2-1 in sets.
The 22-year-old France player now occupies the 98th place in the WTA standings, entering this season in the first world.After a bad season start on the hard surface, he managed a few solid victories on the clay, reaching to the semifinals in Lugano and Strasbourg respectively.Last week he participated in the Bastad tournament, reaching all the way to the quarterfinals, while in the first round of Lausanne defeated the experienced German player Mona Barthel, score 2-0.
Romanca crosses a rather poor season without giving the feeling of a potential return to the shape that crossed her before the San Jose injury last August.Mihaela did not score on any surface this season, suffered many defeats since the first rounds, both hard on the start of the season and only a very small number of victories on the clay.He tries to pick up his place in the league again with good performance in these summer tournaments, managing a decisive and decisive set against Stefanie Voegele.
🎾 Direct meetings
The two players met once in the ITF tournament in Mamaia in 2016, where Ferro was 6-0 6-1.
🎾 What is the shape of the players in the last 5 games?
- Fiona Ferro
- Last result: 7-6 6-2 vs Barthel
- Form: W L W W L
Ferro is a French tennis player, in the best season of his career. After stunning for the first time, this year’s sporting Hexagon seems to have stabilized somewhere there around the 90th.
He has managed several victories against some “name-lovers” this year, among whom we can remember the successes against Darie Gavrilova, Genie Bouchard or against the Belgian Van Uytvanck.
In the first round he surpassed the German Barthel in less than an hour and a half.
- Mihaela Buzarnescu
- Last result: 1-6 6-1 6-0 vs Voegele
- Form: W L W L L
Mihaela seems to return to the form before the injury suffered last year, managing to break the black series of failures that seemed endless.
At Wimbledon he managed to pass the inaugural tour, being eliminated in the second round by Simona Halep. It can be appreciated if we take into account that he was the only player who managed to take a set for the future champion.
In the first round of the voegele, after a strange match, which, although decided in the decisive set, lasted only 84 minutes, the sets were quickly transferred by the combatants.
🎾 News, analysis, statistics and ancnronics about the 2 players.
- He occupies the 98th position of WTA.
- The highest ranked in the 82nd place in May this year.
- He has a 19 wins and 19 defeats this season.
- The best performance of the career is the qualifying in the quarter, last year, at the Guangzhou tournament.
- He is the first to take part in the main painting at Lausanne, having an attempt in 2016, but losing his first qualifying round.
- It is ranked 55th this week.
- The 20th position is the best ever, in August last year.
- He is in his first participation in Lausanne.
- This season has not managed more than 2 consecutive wins.
- He has a title in his career, conquered last year in San Jose. He also has two finals played in Hobart and Prague.
Tennis Prediction of the Day Fiona Ferro vs Mihaela Buzarnescu
I expect a balanced match between the two players, both having a solid game behind the field, and as a prediction I will choose a game with a high number of games, with the chances that at least one of the sets will go into overtime, and taking into account the balance of the game, it is to be expected that a decisive set for the winner will be contested, with chances being almost equal.
Prediction Today: Mihaela Buzarnescu