The US Open tournament takes place in New York, and in this analysis I will detail the match in the quarterfinals between Naomi Osaka and Shelby Rogers, and I will conclude with the related bet.
New York is a town of 8.1 million people, with over 23 million in its metropolitan area.
This tournament is big, grand slam, with a prize pool of $ 21,656,000.
The host is the Flushing Meadows complex, which has land covered with a fast, outdoor hard drive.
The competition table includes Serena, Azarenka, Osaka or Kenin.
Naomi Osaka: Team form, news and statistics
Naomi Osaka is a 22-year-old Japanese woman, ranked 9th in the WTA.
And Osaka is already a star of the circuit, being very young but already a double grand slam champion, here at the US Open and the Australian Open.
She was number 1 in the world, in addition to being very involved socially, being one of the strong voices of the Black Lives Matter movement. In fact, she wanted to boycott the semifinals of the Cincinnati tournament to sound the alarm, returning after the organizers took a day off.
And here Osaka is the main favorite for the title, with a lighter picture.
In 2019 he has semifinals in Brisbane, Australian Open title, Stuttgart semifinals, Madrid quarterfinals, Rome quarterfinals, Toronto quarterfinals, Cincinnati quarterfinals, Osaka title and Beijing title.
And in 2020 he has the semifinals in Brisbane and the final at the WTA Cincinnati, two weeks ago.
In Cincinnati, she was very solid, but could not play in the final due to an adductor muscle injury.
– 6-2 5-7 6-2 with Two (81st place WTA), winning 76% balls with the first serve, 53% with the second, offering 8 break balls (6 saved)
– 6-1 6-2 with Giorgi (74th place WTA), winning 79% balls with the first service, 50% with the second, offering 2 break balls (both saved)
– 6-3 6-7 6-2 with Marta Kostyuk (137th WTA place), winning 79% balls with the first serve, 52% with the second, offering 8 break points (7 saved)
– 6-3 6-4 with Anett Kontaveit (21st place WTA), winning 84% of the ball with the first serve, 69% with the second, without offering break points
Shelby Rogers: Team shape, news and stats
Shelby Rogers is a 27-year-old American, ranked 93rd in the WTA.
And Rogers was up to 43rd in the world, she was a player who appeared quite rarely in the spotlight but can produce an extremely solid game, which is demonstrated here. In addition, she is very strong mentally.
In 2019 she has a title at ITF W60 Templeton and a final at ITF W80 Macon.
And in 2020 he has the final at ITF W100 Midland and the semifinals at Lexington.
– 6-2 6-2 with Khromacheva (674th WTA place), winning 86% of the ball with the first serve, 77% with the second, without offering break points
– 7-5 6-1 with Rybakina (17th place WTA), winning 71% balls with the first service, 56% with the second, offering 4 break points (3 saved)
– 6-2 6-4 with Brengle (84th place WTA), winning 69% balls with the first service, 50% with the second, offering 6 break balls (4 saved)
– 7-6 3-6 7-6 with Kvitova (12th place WTA), winning 65% balls with the first service, 44% with the second, offering 14 break points (10 saved)
🎾Statistics of direct matches Naomi Osaka vs Shelby Rogers
In direct meetings the score is 3-0 for Rogers, the last taking place in 2017 in Charleston when Shelby won 6-4 6-2.
Tennis Prediction of the Day Naomi Osaka vs Shelby Rogers
Naomi Osaka is the main favorite for the title here, she has been very solid lately, coming after the Cincinnati final which she lost by abandonment, having an injury. But here it looks fit and better. She had some problems in the first match, with Doi, but since then she has been dominant. His service is an important weapon, so far losing it only 3 times the whole tournament. In addition, he comes after the match with Anett in which he did not offer even a break ball. Shelby Rogers also has a top service, sending many aces. He lost his job 4 times with Petra Kvitova, in a very long match, but otherwise he lost 3 breaks throughout the tournament. In addition to Serena Williams three weeks ago she did not offer any break ball for 2 sets. I consider that we will see less than 7.5 breaks in the match, my prediction going on this idea at a odds offered by Betano.
Bet Tips: Under 7.5 breaks in the match