- Last result: 2-1 vs Millman
- Form: W L W W W
Bautista is a true example of mobilization and psychological strength, Roberto going through heavy moments in recent years, culminating in the loss of his mother. However, he managed to maintain a high level and this year makes a very good season, having already won a victory in Doha, and reaching the quarterfinals in Melbourne and Miami. Another remarkable performance to be remembered is that he managed to beat Serbian Novak Djokovic this time twice, once at the Australian Open.
He has the misfortune to overtake Rafa Nadal in the second round of Monte Carlo, a meeting that is likely to end this year in the Principality.
The previous Iberian tour made his own complicated game after losing the first set in front of Australian Millman, a player quite unusual with clay. There were two sets of winning Spanish, which lost only 2 games, ending the game in less than 2 hours of play.
Against Rafa, Bautista has no record of hope, losing both sides, every time on the clay, and every time without a set. Moreover, at the last meeting on Roland Garros land, Roberto managed to take only 5 games in the 3 sets played.
- Last result: 2-0 vs Khachanov
- Form: W W W W L
Nadal started the race for a new title in Paris, starting on clay this year. The Spaniard comes after the injury suffered at Indian Wells, because of which he had to retire, so it is very important to see what physical parameters will be presented in this match.
The words are superfluous to describe Nadal’s performance on the clay. He is simply the king on this playing surface, the title that is hardly believed to be able to sublimate him in the future.
At Monte Carlo, the Iberic has written history, as in all major tournaments on clay. Not less than 11 titles gathered Rafa in the 15 participations, last even last year, in a final with Nishikori. The land of the Principality is greatly surprising to Nadal, with rare matches being played when someone manages to steal at least one set.
Rafa has always been the first to play in Monte Carlo, out of the 15 disputed games, the only time he lost a set in 2017 against the British Edmund. The rest of the winners, most of the time the opponents managed to win a maximum of 6 games.
Tennis Prediction of the Day Roberto Bautista Agut vs Rafael Nadal
- He is the 22nd ATP.
- He has 15 wins and 4 defeats this year.
- He has 9 career titles, the only one on clay in 2014 in Stuttgart.
- Last year he played the final at Gstaad, also on the clay.
- He never managed to get past the third round at Monte Carlo.
- He is in 2nd ATP position.
- He has won the last three editions of the Principality tour.
- He has 15 consecutive matches without losing to Monte Carlo.
- Last year he did not lose any set, his opponents managed to take a maximum of 4 games in a hand.
- Last year’s victory was the clearest of the 11, Nadal losing a maximum of 5 games / disputed match.
Prediction Today: Sub 19.5 game-uri