After the good course of the US Open, where he reached the 3rd round, Sorana Cirstea debuts in the competition from Hiroshima against Iberian Sara Sorribes Tormo, located in front of a season with decent results.
- 22-year-old player in the US currently occupies 83 in the WTA rankings, the highest place being 64, occupied in the summer of this year.
- The best results of this year got them on clay, contesting the final tournament at Bol in Croatia.
- Finalist in an ITF tournament before the US Open, the American Open has been defeated since the first round of Estonian Anett Kontaveit, in minimal sets.
- The 29-year-old Romanian novelist currently occupies 106 in the WTA rankings at the moment, coming down after a long period of the top 100.
- The current season was quite inconstant for Sorana, the best result getting it on the slag from Nurnberg, where it reached the semifinals, the clay being also the surface of the favorite game.
- He succeeded at US Open The best result this year, arriving until the 3rd round, which increases his confidence in the game before the start of the Asian tournaments.
1. Direct meetings
The two players met only once before, in 2016, on the clay of Sao Paolo, where Sara Sorribes Tormo was imposed with 2-0 in sets.
2. What is the form of players in the last 5 games?
- Sara Sadeghi
- Last result: 1-2 vs Heather Watson (New Haven-hard)
- Shape: L W l W
Young player Sara Sorribes Tormo, aged only 22, ranked 83 in the WTA rankings, was for the second time in his career on the main board of Hana-Cupid Japan Open, where it was eliminated in the first round of the previous edition, after 2-6 and 1-6 in the company Zarina Diyas from Kazakhstan.Defeated by a double 1-6 by Anett Kontaveit in Estonia since the inaugural round of the Grand Slam Tournament at US Open, Sorribes Tormo was imposed with 6-1, 6-3 against the number 296 world, Jamie Loeb, in the first round of the Challenger tournament in New Haven , The United States, but succumbed to 1-2 sets in front of the British Heather Watson, 101 WTA, in the final stage of the finals.
- Robert Campbell
- Last result: 0-2 vs Taylor Townsend (US Open-hard)
- Shape: L W w L L
Sorana Mihaela Cirstea, 29, ranked 106 in the WTA hierarchy, is present in the premiere on the main board of the Japanese Open, disputed for the second consecutive year in Hiroshima, the International tournament equipped with total prizes worth over 250000 dollars.Sorana was established in a minimum of sets against the number 37 world, the Czech Katerina Siniakova, in the first tour of the Grand Slam Tournament at Flushing Meadowa, New York, then, with 3-6, 6-4 and 6-2 against Alionei Bolsova Zadoinov but succumbed to the finals of the US Open in front of American Taylor Townsend, place 116 WTA, score 5-7, 2-6.
3. News, analysis, statistics and previews about the 2 players.
▪️The player from Spain participates in the double competition at Hiroshima, where he pairs with Georgina Garcia Perez
▪️A month ago, he awarded the trophy of the ITF tournament in Bad Saulgau in Germany.
▪️Won 14 of the 25 parties disputed on the hard surface from the beginning of this year.
▪️47.3% is the percentage of break mines saved this year by the player born at Castellon.
▪️40.8% represents the percentage of points earned on the second service by Sorribes Tormo.
▪️Seat 21 WTA represents the best ranking of Sorana in hierarchy.
▪️More than three years have elapsed since the last trophy conquered by the player in our country, in 2016, La Bertioga, in Brazil.
▪️61.6% represents the percentage of Sorana on the first service.
▪️38.7% is the percentage of points won by Romanian on the first return.
▪️He won only 7 of the 16 games played on the hard surface from the beginning of this year.
Tennis Prediction of the Day Sorribes Tormo vs Sorana Cirstea
I expect the Sorana to trust her game following the good result from the US Open and to produce the surprise in this game, starting from the position of counter-favorite. The results on the hard one recommend the Romanian in this match, Sara Sorribes Tormo being much more accustomed to the slow, clay-like lands, where he has additional reaction time, and I am thus betting on the victory of Sorana Cirstea in this duel.
Prediction Today: Sorana Cirstea