Bianca Vanessa Andreescu and Taylor Townsend will clash against each other in the 4th round of U.S. Open for the 1st time in their career. They are scheduled to play on Monday at 9.30 pm on Arthur Ashe Stadium.
1.Bianca Vanessa Andreescu: results and record
- Ranked no. 15, Bianca Vanessa got to the 4th round after beating Katie Volynets 6-2 6-4, Kirsten Flipkens 6-3 7-5 and Caroline Wozniacki 6-4 6-4.
- Her best result of the current season was managing to win the title in Indian Wells where she defeated Angelique Kerber in the final 6-4 3-6 6-4 and in Toronto where she defeated Serena Williams in the final 3-1 ret..
- Andreescu has a 39-4 win-loss record in 2019, 38-4 on hard .
2.Last year at the U.S. Open
Andreescu lost in the qualifications 6-3 7-5 to Olga Danilovic.
3.Taylor Townsend: results and record
- Ranked no. 116, Taylor reached the 4th round after defeating Natalija Kostic 6-3 6-1, Veronica Cepede Royg 3-6 6-3 6-3, Nina Stojanovic 3-6 7-65 6-1, Kateryna Kozlova 3-6 6-3 6-2, Simona Halep 2-6 6-3 7-64 and Sorana Cirstea 7-5 6-2.
- The American has a 15-9 win-loss record in 2019, 12-6 on hard.
4.Last year at the U.S. Open
The American lost in the 2nd round 4-6 6-3 6-4 to Jelena Ostapenko.
5.What is the shape of the players in the last 5 matches?
- Taylor Towsend
- Last result: 2-0 vs Sorana Cirstea (US Open – hard)
- Shape: W W W W W
Taylor Townsend, 23, 116th in the WTA standings, is present for the fourth consecutive year on the main table of the US Open, the last Grand Slam tournament of the year. A year ago, the United States player stopped in the second round of the competition, being defeated 6-4, 3-6 and 4-6 by the Latvian Jelena Ostapenko.Coming from qualifications, Townsend passed, one by one, by Natalija Kostic, 216th WTA, Veronica Cepede from Paraguay, score 2-1 in sets and by Serbian Nina Stojanovic, also in three sets. Then followed the success recorded in front of Katerynei Kozlova, 76th WTA place, score 2-1, surprising victory achieved in the company of world number 4, Simona Halep, with 2-6, 6-3 and 7-6 decisively and finally, the one against another romance, Sorana Cirstea, 106th place WTA, score 7-5, 6-2.
- Bianca Vanessa Andreescu
- Last result: 2-0 vs Caroline Wozniacki (US Open – hard)
- Shape: W W W W W
The Canadian player, but with Romanian origins, Bianca Vanessa Andreescu, just 19 years old, is present for the first time in her career on the main table at Flushing Meadows.After a sensational journey in Toronto during the Premier 5 tournament, endowed with total prizes worth over $ 2.8 million, where he won his third WTA career trophy, also benefiting from the abandonment of Serena Williams in the same the first set of the final, Andreescu made his debut in the force and in New York, managing to surpass Katie Volynets, in the minimum set, 413 WTA, Kirsten Flipkens of Belgium, and in the sixteenth, with a double 6- 4, on the world number 19 Caroline Wozniacki.
6.News, analysis, statistics and progress about the 2 players.
- He is present for the fourth time in his career on the main board at Flushing Meadows.
- The 61st WTA is the best ranking so far in the hierarchy.
- 63.3% is the percentage of points earned by Townsend on the first service.
- 41.6% is the percentage of break balls made by the player in the United States, throughout his career.
- He has won 12 of the 18 matches played on the hard surface since the beginning of this year.
- All three trophies won this year by Andreescu, were played on the hard surface.
- Bianca stopped twice in the US Open qualifying phase.
- He has won 41 of the 45 matches played this year, on all surfaces.
- 60.3% represents the percentage of break balls saved by the player of Romanian origin.
- He managed 75 aces and made 118 double mistakes since the beginning of this year.
Tennis Prediction of the Day Taylor Townsend vs Bianca Vanessa Andreescu
The favorite for Tennis Tonic is Bianca Vanessa Andreescu that should win in 2 sets.
Prediction Today: Taylor Townsend under 9.5 games in the game