The en-titre champion from Bucharest played a very difficult match in the first round against Ana Bogdan, which she defeated hard in 3 sets, and in the second round will meet a new Romanian, Patricia Tig, a remarkable form this week.
The player from Latvia crosses the best career, currently ranked 12th in the WTA, in March taking the best place in the career, 11th place.He is a constant player on all the surfaces of the circuit, but the best career results he has achieved on the clay, including the tournament awarded in Bucharest in the previous season.Without a season with remarkable results, Bucharest seems to feel great, having managed to return to the first round of 0-1 to sets against Anea Bogdan, winning 7-5 in the decisive set.
The 24-year-old star is on the 836th WTA spot, making a long break caused by injuries.He was in excellent shape during this time, managing to win two ITF tournaments in Mexico in June and to challenge another 2 finals on the hard.In the first round of this tournament he managed to win the first prize on a main picture in a WTA tournament after a 2-year break, a successful victory against Anna Bondar in Hungary.
🎾 Direct meetings
The two players have only once in the tournament in Bucharest in 2016, when Sevastova has won a double 6-2.
🎾 What is the shape of the players in the last 5 games?
- Anastasija Sevastova
- Last result: 5-7 7-6 7-5 vs Bogdan
- Form: W L W L W
Sevastova is the en-titre champion, managed to win the title last year after a final against Petrei Martic. The tournament in the Romanian capital makes it to Latvia, and it will end in the final in 2016.
This season he managed to get to the finals of the finals at Roland Garros, equaling his 2011 performance.
In the first round, there was a marathon match against Ana Bogdan, ended after 3 long sets, all overtime. The game lasted just over 3 hours.
- Patricia Tig
- Last result: 6-2 6-1 vs Bondar
- Form: W W W W L
Patricia Tig has 4 consecutive victories so far in Bucharest, being forced to play in qualifying.
In the first round, he gave no chance to the Hungarian Bondar, betting only 3 games.
He comes after an excellent series of 3 ITF tournaments, where he has reached the finals every time, winning in 2 rows. Matches were played on the hard.
🎾News, analysis, statistics and ancnronics about the 2 players.
- He occupies the 11th position of WTA, the best of his career.
- He has 21 wins and 15 defeats this season.
- At the Bucharest tournament he has an excellent record of 12 wins and 2 defeats, being at the 4th participation.
- She once again defeated Patricia, also in Bucharest, in 2016, this being the only direct meeting between the two.
- This season he met a Romanian, Mihaela Buzarnescu, on the Madrid clay, defeating it in 2 sets.
- The best career position is 83, reached in 2017. Currently not ranked.
- Air 29 wins and 7 defeats this year.
- The best career performance is the final in 2015 in Baku.
- He has already won four consecutive victories in Bucharest.
- He lost a single set in the four games played so far.
Tennis Prediction of the Day Anastasija Sevastova vs Patricia Maria Tig
The shape shown by Patricia Tig in the previous matches at Bucharest Open makes me believe that she will give a solid reply to this match, Anastasija Sevastova, and there will be a balanced and spectacular match. So I’m counting on a game with a high number of games, the Romanian having the chances of winning at least one set in this game.
Bet Tips: Anastasija Sevastova