The first quarter of Wednesday’s final scheduled in the US Open tournament will take place in the women’s tournament, between Swiss Belinda Bencic, growing in form and Croatian Donna Vekic, who is going through a very consistent season.
- The 22-year-old, originally from Switzerland, currently occupies 12th place in the WTA standings, being very close to a return in the top 10.
- The 2019 season was a consistent one for Bencic, winning the trophy from Dubai and playing other top stages in major tournaments, such as Indian Wells or Madrid.
- With only a third round in the Rogers Cup, Belinda Bencic showed a very spectacular tennis at the US Open, losing only one set in the 3 matches previously played, benefiting from the 3rd round of Anett Kontaveit’s abandonment.
- The 23-year-old Croatian is currently crossing the best time of his career, ranking 23rd in the WTA standings.
- Without winning a tournament this year, Donna Vekic played the final at St. Petersburg and Nottingham, showing a good adaptation to all the surfaces of the circuit, reaching the finals and even Roland Garros.
- In this tournament, the US Open did very well, winning the first 3 matches in a minimum of sets, while in the finals he returned formidable from 0-1 to sets against Julia Goerges, his confidence being on a very upward trend .
The two players have met so far 3 times, the score being 2-1 in favor of Belinda Bencic, who won the last match, this year at Roland Garros, with 2-0 in the sets.
2.What is the shape of the players in the last 5 matches?
- Belinda Bencic
- Last result: 7-5 6-4 vs Osaka
- Shape: W W W W L
Bencic comes with the morale to the maximum after the victory of the previous round succeeded against Naomi Osaka, the title holder, after a match controlled by the Swiss.
Belinda served excellent against the Japanese, winning 82% of the points played with the first service and giving up a single break, at Osaka’s only break ball.
Elvetianca has a rematch to take, after being eliminated in the 3rd round in Paris by Vekic himself, the Croatian categorically prevailing with 6-4 6-1.
- Donna Vekic
- Last result: 6-7 7-5 6-3 vs Goerges
- Shape: W W W W L
Vekic is a somewhat surprising presence in this phase of the competition, Croatian being not seen as one of the big favorites before the start of the competition.
He passed Hogenkamp, Kanepi, Putintseva and Goerges, losing a single set, in the very last match.
It comes after a long and difficult match against the German Goerges, stretched for almost 3 hours of play and decided at only a few points, the game in which the Croatian was forced to return after a first set lost at tie-break, because in the second set save a match ball on Goerges’ service, at the score of 5-4 for this.
3.News, analysis, statistics and progress about the 2 players.
- He is 12th WTA this week.
- He made another quarter-finals at the US Open in 2014.
- Lead by 2-1 in the score of direct meetings.
- He has 38 wins and 16 defeats this year.
- He won the Dubai tournament this year.
- He is 23rd this week.
- It is the best performance at Us Open.
- Before this tournament, he had never passed the 4th round at a Grand Slam.
- All matches against Bencic ended in 2 sets.
- In the only direct meeting played on the hard won the Swiss, with 7-6 6-2.
Tennis Prediction of the Day Belinda Bencic vs Donna Vekic
Both players showed excellent form in this tournament, especially in the last match, from the finals, being confident in their strengths at very high odds. I expect a very spectacular and balanced match between the two, being very likely to play the first match directly by 3 sets, so I will choose as I predict a match with a high number of games, and a match is enough. 2 sets with one set entered in extensions.
Prediction Today: Peste 19.5 game-uri