The first quarter of the women’s Open at the US Open will take place between Ukrainian Elina Svitolina and British Johanna Konta, in a spectacular showdown, both players crossing an excellent form at this time.
- Currently 8th in the WTA standings, Elina Svitolina is trying to get back to the exceptional form of last season, which took her to 3rd place, her tennis being a very solid one.
- This season he was noted in the hard season, reaching the quarterfinals in Toronto, respectively in the semifinals of the Wimbledon tournament, while Roland Garros was defeated in the third round.
- In this tournament he managed to win all 4 previous matches in a minimum of sets, eliminating solid players such as Venus Williams or Madison Keys.
- The 28-year-old Briton is currently 16th in the WTA standings, having a very good season.
- After a start of the year with decent results on the hard, the British impressed everyone with results obtained on clay, being a finalist in Rabat and Rome, respectively a semi-finalist in the Grand Slam tournament at Roland Garros.
- He has done excellent so far in the US Open tournament, losing only 2 sets during the course, but against Karoline Pliskova showed an extremely solid tennis.
1.What is the shape of the players in the last 5 matches?
- Elina Svitolina
- Last result: 2-0 vs Madison Keys (US Open – hard)
- Shape: W W W W L
Ukrainian Elina Svitolina, 24, 5th in the WTA standings, is present for the eighth time in her career on the main panel at Flushing Meadows, where she was eliminated in the final sixteen of the previous edition, after losing in the company of Latvian Anastasija. Sevastova, score 3-6, 6-1 and 0-6.Perfect track so far for tennis in Ukraine, this being able to prevail until the quarter-finals of the tournament, each time in minimum sets, in front of players like Whitney Osuigwe, from the United States, Venus Williams, 52nd place, compatriot Dayana Yastremska, 32nd place WTA, and against world number 9, Madison Keys, score 7-5, 6-4.
- Johanna Konta
- Last result: 2-1 vs Karolina Pliskova (US Open – hard)
- Shape: W W W W L
British tennis player Johanna Konta, 16th in the WTA hierarchy, is present for the sixth consecutive year in New York, on the main board of the US Open, a Grand Slam tournament with total prizes worth over $ 26 million.If a year ago, Konta stopped again from the first round of the competition, being defeated by Caroline Garcia, with a double 2-6, in the current edition, the player born in Sydney, Australia, prevailed in the first round, with 6 -1, 4-6 and 6-2 decisively, in front of Daria Kasatkina, 42nd place WTA. Then followed the victories in the minimum sets against the Russian Margarita Gasparyan, respectively of the Chinese Shuai Zhang, as well as the success registered in the best, 6-7, 6-3 and 7-5 in front of the world number three, Karolina Pliskova.
2.News, analysis, statistics and progress about the 2 players.
- So far, it has not passed the sixteenth round of the US Open final.
- He has won 21 of the 30 matches played on this kind of surface since the beginning of the year.
- He has won no less than 13 WTA trophies, throughout his professional career.
- 55.2% is the percentage of break balls saved by Ukrainian tennis.
- 65.5% is the percentage of points earned by Svitolina on the first service.
- He managed 170 aces and made 81 double mistakes, since the beginning of this year.
- 65.3% is the percentage of break balls saved by the British player.
- So far, the sixteenth round of the Flushing Meadows final has not passed.
- He has three WTA trophies.
- He has won 12 of the 20 matches played on the hard surface, since the beginning of this year.
Tennis Prediction of the Day Elina Svitolina vs Johanna Konta
Despite the fact that Elina Svitolina won all the direct matches against Johanna Konta, most of the matches were balanced, and the form shown by both players during this tournament is a remarkable one, and my forecast for this quarter final is a balanced and long match, most likely decided after a decisive set, but a game with a high number of games is the winner and only one set has been extended.
Prediction Today: Over 19.5 games