Jason Jung and Jiri Vesely will fight against each other in the qualifications of U.S. Open for the 1st time in their career.Below you can follow the main moments of the meeting between Jiri Vesely and Alexander Zverev, the match played in the first round of the British Grand Slam at Wimbledon and concluded with the victory in four sets of Czech tennis.
1.What is the shape of the players in the last 5 matches?
- Jury Vesely
- Last result: 2-0 vs Pedro Sousa (US Open – hard)
- Shape: W L W W L
Czech tennis player Jiri Vesely, 140th in the ATP standings, is present for the first time in his career in the qualifying phase of the US Open, where he was eliminated two years ago, at his last participation, still from the first round of the tournament, after 0-3 at sets against Croatian Borna Coric.After the quarter-finals lost to Serb Nikola Milojevic, 147th place ATP, in the Czech Republic, during the Liberec Challenger tournament, Vesely went to minimum sets, 6-4, 7-5, of the world number 125, Portuguese Pedro Sousa.
- Jason Jung
- Last result: 2-1 vs Donald Young (US Open – hard)
- Shape: W L W W W
Taiwan’s Jason Jung, the 121st overall, is present for the second time in his career in New York, where he was eliminated in 2015, on the occasion of his previous participation, still in the first round of US Open qualifiers, after 1-6, 5-7 against Belarus Uladzimir Ignatik.Defeated by Lithuanian Ricardas Berankis, 70th place ATP in the final of the Challenger tournament held in Vancouver, Canada, score 3-6, 7-5 and 4-6, Jason Jung surpassed in the first round of qualifying for the US Grand Slam at 198 world-wide, Donald Young, after 6-3, 6-7 and 7-5.
2.News, analysis, statistics and progress about the 2 players.
- So far, it has failed to overcome the third round of the American Grand Slam.
- 35th place ATP represents the best ranking of Czech tennis in the hierarchy.
- He has a single ATP trophy.
- 80% is the percentage of games won on his own service, in his career.
- He has won 6 of the 12 matches played on the hard surface since the beginning of this year.
- So far, it has failed to gain access to the main panel of the US Open.
- In May, he was awarded the Challenger Tournament Trophy in Gwangju, South Korea.
- He managed 50 aces and made 44 double mistakes in the disputed parties, from the beginning of this year.
- 37% is the percentage of break balls made by the Taiwanese this year.
- He won 29 of the 52 matches played this year, on all surfaces.
3.Jason Jung: results and record
- Ranked no. 121, Jason reached the qualifications after defeating Donald Young 6-3 6-74 7-5.
- The Chinese best result of the season was reaching the final in the Vancouver Challenger and the Gwangju Challenger.
- The Chinese has a 29-23 win-loss record in 2019, 21-14 on hard.
4.Last year at the U.S. Open
The Chinese didn’t play at the U.S. Open in 2018.
5.Jiri Vesely: results and record
- Ranked no. 140, the Czech got to the qualifications after beating Pedro Sousa 6-4 7-5.
- Jiri’s best result of the year was reaching the semi-finals in the Canberra Challenger.
- The Czech has a 25-19 win-loss record in 2019, 6-5 on hard .
6.Last year at the U.S. Open
Vesely didn’t play at the U.S. Open in 2018.
Tennis Prediction of the Day Jiri Vesely vs Jason Jung
There is no head to head record between Jason Jung and Jiri Vesely since this will be the first time that they will clash against each other in the main tour.The favorite for Tennis Tonic is Jiri Vesely that should win in 5 sets.
Prediction Today: Jiri Vesely