Lorenzo Sonego and Thomas Fabbiano will clash against each other in the 2nd round of Swiss Open for the 1st time in their career. They are scheduled to compete on Wednesday at 3:00 pm on ROY EMERSON ARENA.
1.Lorenzo Sonego: results and record
- Ranked no. 52, the Italian will start his run in Gstaad after he played his last match in Wimbledon where he lost 7-64 6-4 6-4 to Granollers in the 1st round of 1st of July.
- Sonego has a 33-18 win-loss record in 2019, 18-11 on clay (See FULL STATS).
- His best result of the current season was winning the title in Antalya where he defeated Miomir Kecmanovic in the final 6-7 (5) 7-6 (5) 6-1.
2.Thomas Fabbiano: results and record
- Ranked no. 90, Thomas reached the 2nd round after beating Sandro Ehrat 6-4 7-5.
- Fabbiano’s best result of the year was getting to the semi-finals in Eastbourne.
- Thomas has a 18-19 win-loss record in 2019, 3-7 on clay.
3.What is the shape of the players in the last 5 games?
- Lorenzo Sonego
- Last result: 0-3 vs Marcel Granollers-Pujol (Wimbledon)
- Form: L W W W W
After the conquest of the first ATP trophy in the career, thanks to the victory obtained in three sets, 6-7, 7-6 and 6-1 against Serbian Miomir Kecmanovic, 66th place ATP, in the finals of the turtle on Antalya, Turkey, the Italian Lorenzo Sonego, the number World 52 left the Wimbledon Grand Slam ever since the first round of the competition, being defeated by 0-3 to sets by veteran Marcel Granollers-Pujol, 99th ATP.In March, in Miami, the last tournament played on the hard surface he attended, came from qualifying, Sonego stopped in the second round of the competition, defeated by American John Isner, with a double 7-6. On the clay, the Italian tennis player was defeated in a minimum of sets by the multiple champion Roger Federer in the first round of the Grand Slam at Roland Garros about two months ago.
- Thomas Fabbiano
- Last result: 2-0 vs Sandro Ehrat (Gstaad)
- Form: W L L W W
Eliminated in the sixteenth finals of the Grand Slam tournament in Wimbledon, United Kingdom, after 4-6, 6-7 and 4-6 in the company of Spanish Fernando Verdasco, 30 th ATP, the world number 90, the Italian Thomas Fabbiano, left yet from the first round, the clay tournament played in Umag in Croatia, being defeated in a minimum of sets by compatriot Stefano Travaglia, 98th ATP.In the inaugural round of the ATP 250 tournament in Gstaad, Switzerland, Fabbiano passed 6-4 and 7-5 in the 386 world championship, the Swiss Sandro Ehrat.
4.News, analysis, statistics and ancnronics about the 2 players.
- The 46th place in the ATP standings is the peak achieved so far by Lorenzo Sonego
- He is present for the first time in his career on the main board of the Gstaad tournament
- This year he has been awarded the first ATP title in his career
- He prefers clay, the surface he has won 18 of the 29 matches played this year.
- He only claimed 13 matches on the grass during his career
- 14 years have elapsed since the Italians have moved to professionals
- He has not managed to conquer any ATP trophy so far
- The world’s 70th place is Fabbiano’s highest occupation to date
- He is the debutant on the Gstaad clay
- He has won only 4 of the 11 matches played on clay since early this year
Tennis Prediction of the Day Lorenzo Sonego vs Thomas Fabbiano
There is no head to head record between Lorenzo Sonego and Thomas Fabbiano since this will be the first time that they will play each other in the main tour.However, they played each other in challengers. Therefore their H2H is 2-0 for Fabbiano. The last time that they squared off, Fabbiano won 6-2 6-4 in the 1st round in Umag back in 2017.
Prediction Today: Lorenzo Sonego