Santiago Giraldo and Mischa Zverev will clash against each other in the qualifications of U.S. Open for the 4th time of their career.
1.Santiago Giraldo: results and record
Ranked no. 231, Giraldo reached the qualifications after defeating Roberto Marcora 6-4 6-3.
Santiago has a 17-14 win-loss record in 2019, 7-4 on hard .
2.Last year at the U.S. Open
Santiago lost in the qualifications 7-67 6-4 to Peter Polansky.
3.Mischa Zverev: results and record
Ranked no. 292, Mischa reached the qualifications after defeating Denis Istomin 7-64 7-68.
Zverev has a 5-16 win-loss record in 2019, 2-5 on hard .
4.Last year at the U.S. Open
The German lost in the 1st round 4-6 2-6 6-4 7-62 6-2 to Taylor Harry Fritz.
5. U.S. Open Live score and result Santiago Giraldo vs. Mischa Zverev
Follow the live score and result of this match as soon as it starts.
6.What is the shape of the players in the last 5 matches?
- Santiago Giraldo
- Last result: 2-0 vs Roberto Marcora (US Open – hard)
- Shape: W L W L L
Colombian Santiago Giraldo, 31, 231st in the ATP standings, is present for the fourteenth consecutive year in New York, on the occasion of the US Open. In the last edition of the Grand Slam tournament, Giraldo stopped in the qualifiers, being defeated in minimum sets, 6-7, 4-6 by the Canadian Peter Polansky, in their second round.In the first round, the Colombian passed with 6-4 and 6-3 by the Italian Roberto Marcora, the place 180 ATP, this being also the first match played on the hard surface, after more than four months, since the defeat suffered in the finals. of the Challenger in Monterrey, Mexico, 0-2 in sets against American Donald Young.
- Mischa Zverev
- Last result: 2-0 vs Denis Istomin (US Open – hard)
- Shape: W L L W W
German Mischa Zverev, the world number 292, managed to gain access to the main table of the American Grand Slam, in the previous edition, for the fifth time in his career, but was eliminated from the first round after 6-4, 6-2, 4 -6, 6-7 and 2-6 in the decisive, in front of Taylor Taylor Harry Fritz.In the first round of qualifying, Zverev outscored Uzbekistan Denis Istomin, 139th place, by a double. It was the first victory of the German, on the hard, after a year of “drought”, since the success recorded in the first round of the Cincinnati Masters, 2-0 in sets against the Bosnian Damir Dzumhur.
7.News, analysis, statistics and progress about the 2 players.
- He managed 7 appearances on the main board of the US Open.
- So far, it has not exceeded the second round of the competition.
- The 28th ATP rank is the best ranking in the hierarchy.
- 77% is the percentage of games won on their own service.
- He won 21 of the 37 matches played this year, on all surfaces.
- The German has stopped in the qualifiers of the Grand Slam tournament 6 times.
- It has failed to overcome, until now, the sixteenth phase of the competition.
- 60% is the percentage of break balls saved by Zverev.
- He has won only two of the 7 matches played on the hard, since the beginning of this year.
- 38% is the percentage of break balls made by the German player throughout his career.
Tennis Prediction of the Day Santiago Giraldo vs Mischa Zverev
This will be the 4th time that Santiago Giraldo and Mischa Zverev play each other. The head to head is 2-1 for Giraldo ,but they are 1-1 on hard.The last time that they squared off, Giraldo won 7-5 7-65 in the 1st round in Munich back in 2016.The favorite for Tennis Tonic is Mischa Zverev that should win in 5 sets.
Prediction Today: Mischa Zverev