The first quarter of the US Open final announces extremely spectacular between the Swiss champion Stan Wawrinka and the most fit player in the circuit during this period, Daniil Medvedev.
- At 34 years old, the Swiss currently ranks 21st in the ATP standings, staying consistently in the top of the standings.
- The best results of this season were the indoor final in Rotterdam, where he was defeated by Gael Monfils, respectively the quarter-final at Roland Garros, where he gave in to Rafael Nadal.
- In the tournaments in Montreal and Cincinnati he was defeated in the second round each time, but in this tournament his tennis rose to very high odds, especially against Novak Djokovic in the finals.
- The Russian player crosses the best period of his career, currently occupying the 8th place in the ATP standings, at only 23 years old.
- He managed to win the Sofia indoor tournament this season, while at Monte Carlo he reached the semifinals, respectively in the Barcelona final, showing excellent form.
- This summer he was the most in-form player in the circuit, playing the final in both Washington and Montreal, while in Cincinnati he managed to win the trophy, going to the final by David Goffin.
- The first match was won by the Russian in the minimum number of sets, followed by another 3 games decided in 4 sets, declaring after the match the final eight that he felt physically.
The two players have met so far only once, in 2017 on the grass at Wimbledon, where Medvedev prevailed 3-1 in sets.
2.What is the shape of the players in the last 5 matches?
- Stan Wawrinka
- Last result: 2-0 vs Novak Djokovic (Abandon, US Open – hard)
- Shape: W W W W L
Swiss Stan Wawrinka, ranked 24th in the ATP rankings, is now fourteenth in his career in New York, on the main board of the US Open, the last Grand Slam tournament of the year. A year ago, he was eliminated from the third round of the tournament after the defeat against Canadian Milos Raonic, score 6-7, 4-6 and 3-6.In the current edition of the tournament, until the quarter-finals, Wawrinka eliminated tennis players like Jannik Sinner from Italy, 137th place ATP, with 6-3, 7-6, 4-6 and 6-3, Jeremy Chardy, 74th place , also with 3-1 in the sets, the Italian Paolo Lorenzi, score 6-4, 7-6, 7-6, and in the best on the world number one, Serb Novak Djokovic, benefiting from his abandonment (because of muscular problems at left shoulder) in the third set of the meeting, at the score of 2-0 in favor of the Swiss.
- Daniil Medvedev
- Last result: 3-1 vs Dominik Koepfer (US Open – hard)
- Shape: W W W W W
The young Russian tennis player Daniil Medvedev, 23, 5th place in the ATP standings is only present for the third time in his career on the main board of the US Open, where he left the previous edition since the third round, after the defeat suffered in minimum sets. in front of Croatian Borna Coric.After the success of the Masters 1000 played in Cincinnati, in mid-September, where he played in the final by the Belgian David Goffin, with the score of 7-6 and 6-4, Medvedev started with a success in minimum sets and in New York, 6-4, 6-1 and 6-2 against world number 88 Indian Prajnesh Gunneswaran. Then followed the victories in the company of Bolivian Hugo Dellien, Feliciano Lopez and Dominik Koepfer, each time with a score of 3-1 at sets.
3.News, analysis, statistics and progress about the 2 players.
- Wawrinka is the winner of the 2016 edition of the US Open tournament.
- The third place ATP represents the best ranking of the Swiss, in the hierarchy.
- He has won 13 of the 20 matches played on the hard surface, since the beginning of this year.
- He has won no less than 16 ATP trophies throughout his career.
- 74% is the percentage of points earned by Wawrinka, on the first service.
- It is for the first time that it surpasses the third round of the American Grand Slam.
- He has 5 ATP trophies, two of them won this year.
- 40% represents the percentage of break balls realized by the Russian tennis player throughout his career.
- 81% is the percentage of games won by Medvedev, on his own service.
- He won 48 of the 64 matches played this year, on all surfaces.
Tennis Prediction of the Day Stan Wawrinka vs Daniil Medvedev
Even though Stan Wawrinka has not shown total dominance in the game in previous rounds like his opponent, Daniil Medvedev, the Swiss experience in important matches at the highest level as he recommends in such a confrontation, especially as Daniil Medvedev blamed in the last 2 laps physical problems after a very busy period. So, I think Stan Wawrinka will qualify for the semifinals of the 2019 edition of the US Open.
Prediction Today: Stan Wawrinka