1.What is the shape of the players in the last 5 matches?
- Melichar / Peschke
- Shape: W W W L W
Nicole Melichar and Veta Peschke are clear favorites in the first round of the Rogers Cup, in front of the pair of Simona Halep and young Leylah Annie Fernandez. The Czech-American couple is coming after a perfect week in San Jose, where he was awarded the trophy.Until the final, Melichar and Peschke gave up only one set, and in the last act they were beaten by the Aoyama / Shibahara pair with a 6-4 double.This year, Melichar and Peschke have won another title in Brisbane, played eighth at the Australian Open and quarterfinals, at Roland Garros and Wimbledon.
- Halep / Fernandez
- Shape: D D D D D
Simona Halep decided on the last hundred meters to play in the Rogers Cup doubles. The Wimbledon champion has a partner of just 16 – Canadian Leylah Annie Fernandez. This is a big promise: he played in the Australian Open final this year and won the title at Roland Garros.Halep has played only 8 doubles matches this year, of which he won 5. Last time he matched with Raluca Olaru at Eastbourne, where they were defeated in the Flipkens / Mattek-Sands pair semifinals.Her partner, Leylah Annie Fernandez, has evolved even less in doubles this season: only three matches, of which she won only one.
2.News, analysis, statistics and progress about the 2 players.
- Melichar and Peschke have 4 doubles titles in 2018 and 2019.
- They won the last trophy last week in San Jose.
- On hard, in 2019, they have 9 wins and 6 defeats.
- Veta Peschke is one of the most experienced players in the circuit – he is 44 years old. .
- Nicole Melichar is 26 years old.
- Halep and Fernandez never played together.
- The Canadian is just 16 years old and was proposed to Halep as a partner by the Toronto tour director.
- Simona Halep won a single double title at Shenzen in 2018, alongside Irina Begu.
- Leylah Annie Fernandez has no experience in doubles and ranks 795. Simply put, she is 311st.
- Canadianca is a left-handed player.
Tennis Prediction of the Day Madison Keys vs Donna Vekic
Halep and Fernandez have minimal chances in this duel. I expect a win in two sets of the pair Melichar / Peschke, and the odds for this forecast is 1.80.
Prediction Today: Melichar / Peschke 2-0