- Last result: 1-2 vs Paire
- Form: L W W W L
Tsonga comes after a successful tour in Morocco, on clay, reaching the semifinals, where he was eliminated by compatriot Benoit Paire, who would also win the trophy. The Frenchman was very close to winning in this game, winning the first set and leading with a break in the decisive set, but ended up falling down.
Compared to last year, when he suffered from injuries, Tsonga has made a good season so far, winning the title at Montpellier and reaching three more rows at least in quarter-finals in Brisbane, Rotterdam and Marrakech.
Tsonga was at 9th in Monte Carlo, once only to be eliminated in the first round.
- Last result: 1-2 vs Granollers
- Form: L L L L W
Fritz chose to start the season on slag last week in Houston, being defeated in the first round by Marcel Granollers after a 3-set match.
The American youngster was on his debut on the Monte Carlo slag, this being his first show on the clay slag in the Principality.
Since his success at Newport in January, Fritz has failed to win, accounting for four consecutive defeats at the tournaments he has attended. Clay is not exactly the favorite surface for the American, with only 2 wins in the last 7 matches played on this surface.
Tennis Prediction of the Day Jo-Wilfried Tsonga vs Taylor Harry Fritz
- It is at 102 ATP.
- He has 14 wins and 5 defeats this year.
- 5th position is the best ever busy.
- Only 1 of the 17 titles obtained was succeeded on the clay in 2017 in Lyon.
- Last year he did not play any matches on the clay, being injured in this part of the season.
- He is 65th ATP.
- He has 4 wins and 7 defeats this year.
- It’s the first career match against Tsonga.
- Last year was the best of his career, managing a personal record of 23 wins in the circuit.
- It is seen as a great hope, participating in 2018 at Next Gen ATP Finals, a tournament reserved for the most promising players.
Prediction Today: Tsonga -3.5 games